The H & S Officer’s main function is to ensure that accidents are prevented, observe and implement safety and fire regulations and ensure that the Scotscape procedures are maintained adhered to.
The H & S Officer shall set out best practise for zero accidents and play a major role in assisting in the production of risk assessments and method statements for approval of senior management
Key Skills required
Scotscape are currently seeking a candidate who is calm, patient and assertive, with excellent negotiation, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
The candidate should also have strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
Additionally, the H & S safety officer should be IT literate and capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information.
Scotscape will require candidates qualified with the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) with a minimum degree or equivalent.
Tasks will include:
• investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
• undertaking risk assessments and site inspections
• carrying out site inductions where required
• ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
• identifying potential hazards
• determining ways of reducing risks
• writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
• compiling statistics
• drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
• writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
• making presentations to groups of employees/managers
• providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
• liaising with relevant authorities
• keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
• an appreciation of both civil and building sites with tier 1 contractors
Salary: Dependant on Experience